Setting up my priorities.. FINALLY!
Many people of all ages, well mostly my parents friends would often ask what am I doing in college. And what will I be doing in my life. To tell you frankly I’m only nineteen and I’m still not quite too sure of what I want to do and be. I’m quite indecisive and my mind changes quickly. So from one thing I’ll end up wanting to do something completely different from what I first though I’d want to do.. Even I’m confusing myself in most part. Right now I’m happy and content that I’m in culinary school, that in a years time I’ll be a graduate of Health and Nutrition for Culinary arts qualifying me as a professional chef, although from the start I never saw myself as a chef I know for a fact that I’ll be in a good place with such a qualification. But I also see myself in different careers such as in the film industry, the aviation industry or even more so as an interior designer. I know the old saying that you can be who you want to be but really I need to be realistic in my goals in life and where I see myself in a few years time. I’m not asking for a lot in life nor do I want anything more that I need! I see myself living a normal, simple and quiet life with a family of my own and a nice house to call my own but even before that I need to set my priorities. To put it bluntly, my priorities is to just graduate, be happy, surround myself with good natured people and to be kind to everyone as possible.
So long and farewell 2013
2013 was a year full of mistakes, heartache and bad decisions. I lost friends but in return gain true ones and despite the hardships and bitterness of it I had my fair share of great moments for which I am too thankful for. Lessons have been learned and achievement have been made and I guess throughout 2013 what I’m most thankful for is for my family and friends who’ve made living life so much easier! I wouldn’t have known what I’d do if if weren’t for them. Now that 2014 is here for what it’s worth hopefully it’ll be a better and more exciting year for us all.
Chris Buck- Jennifer Lee/2013
Some people are worth melting for -Olaf
What can I say about Frozen? Well firstly it’s a such a beautiful film, a truly majestic film at one of that. Never have I watch an animation that has left me speechless not just with the story or the characters but more so of the execution of the film in its entirety. Frozen offers a movie with depth and humanity, love of a special someone was not at the core but more so love of family, love of sisters. And I guess that made Frozen different from other Disney films nor from other animations. It simply followed the story of a young princess who ventures into an unforgettable and challenging journey through such harsh weather to find her sister and bring back summer to Allendale. What may seem like a simple and easy enough plot lies something else entirely different. What we thought will save Princess Anna from her death is not a true love’s kiss but love from her sister, from Princess Elsa . Frozen simply teaches us the value of family, forgiveness and most of all acceptance. For me that’s what I admired about the film whilst watching it, and what I brought out with me after seeing it. It was nice to see characters that are natural and relatable in all of its aspects. With no real antagonist Frozen was a lot more easier to watch and to take in, and because of that it’s enough to win you over. The musical aspect of the film is highly commendable, it has been such a long time that we’ve seen a Disney film with an excellent musical score similar to the more classical and beloved offers of Disney from before. That much complements with how well Frozen was put together. Both Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee did a great job in directing Frozen. From it’s editing, execution, cinematography and voice over it certainly did not fail. It manages to over exceed for that matter! Overall Frozen is a fun filled and family friendly film with a lot of humour and adventure that will certainly will not fail.
If our world dies, your world will die too-Ronin
Epic is definitely epic. A fun filled educational animation that teaches the value of family, friends and nature! An animation filled with non stop adventure that will for sure able to cater for all ages whether you’re a child or even an adult! What the film managed to do in less than two hours is transport us to a whole new world far different form our own. From it’s top notch production and execution in it’s direction, editing, and story Epic will leave you in awe. Much can be thankful for the voice of Josh Hutcherson and Amanda Seyfried for they have succeeded in bringing the lead characters to life! One must not also forgot the role of Beyonce as the beautiful and elegant Queen. It might have been a small role but it is a small role that played an integral part to the story!
There really is nothing much to say about it except for the fact that it is an extraordinary story set in an extraordinary world but is somehow relevant to real issues that are of concern to us human beings. It taught us the importance of nature for us and how we treat it is very much how it will treat us back quite similar to Thomas Berry’s statement during the Ecological Crisis. Overall Epic is a movie for everyone that is just as epic as the name itself!
The Lucky One
"Everyone has their own destiny, Not everyone makes a choice to follow it, I’m lucky I did"-Logan Thibault
The Lucky One has all the formula of a typical Nicholas Sparks Movie from it’s troubled lead starts in a complicated situation and with a melodramatic love story. Much can be said with the chemistry of Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling physically and sexually. They both exude with so much chemistry it makes their pairing unbelievably beautiful and strong. They managed to bring their characters to life effectively one that you would love throughout the film! Although the film had nothing new to offer it certainly is a film that is very pleasing to watch and probably one of the most better of Nicolas Sparks movie since the highly acclaimed The Notebook. The love story was established effectively and in a solid pace with their situation being handled just about right as not to ruin the story as a whole. The choice of soundtrack was superb that highly complimented the different mood of the film. Overall The Lucky One is a movie that will make you want to fall in love and believed that sometimes our journey and destiny in life can changed for our own good for us to become happy and content with what we are and with what we have.
The Great Gatsby
“No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.”-Nick Carraway
The Great Gatsby is either a film you’ll love or hate or like me in between. I love it simply because of how extravagant and beautiful the whole production was and the solid performances of both Carrey Mulligan and Leonardo DiCarpio and with the rest of the supporting cast. Both DiCarpio and Mulligan displayed strong and effective performances complimenting each other on the screen! The costumes and setting were very much a stand out in contrast to the depressing but beautiful love story. Despite of what I love about the film there were something to also hate about it! The film was too long that it felt like dragged near the end and the use of “Young And Beautiful” by Lana Del Rey in the background was overused that it seemed to have lost it’s true meaning. The over the top direction of Baz Luhrmann did not help the film whatsoever but made it sometimes too much to watch and admire instead of being able to just enjoy the film as a whole. Nevertheless The Great Gatsby has it’s strong factors but failed in some parts with both complimenting each other to make the film somewhat enjoyable to watch. One thing to admire about the film is that it stayed as true as possible to the well beloved book of F.Scott Fitzgerald which at the end is all that matter for it managed to capture effectively the truth behind the book of which are love, dream and corruption.
"I think everyone is beautiful, it may sound cliché but despite of it all no matter how you look and who you are everyone is still beautiful.. It’s both your perfection and imperfection that makes you beautiful! Whether or not people will believe it, it’s a matter of recognising that everyone in the world was born beautiful, some just tend to know it better than others do.."
"Life’s a little blurry, and sometimes it feels colourless but it doesn’t mean it’s not beautiful. In fact it only means you’re experiencing life!"
- 1. Unfaithfulness to a sexual partner, especially a spouse.
- 2.An act of sexual unfaithfulness.
- 3.Lack of fidelity or loyalty.
- 4. Lack of religious belief.
- People who commit infidelity are weak, it is a form of weakness that sadly most will give into. It's the danger and excitement that leads people to do it.. Often times people will get bored not only about their life but the relationship that they are in, I think this is because for most people throughout the years have grown not to be content with what they already have. And sadly for the most part they feel the need to quenched their thirst leading them to do what is wrong but somehow feels right.. I'd like to think that people nowadays are somehow attracted to danger for the sole reason that it pushes them out of their comfort zone. Whatever the reason maybe why people would engage in an affair and whatever way you look at it, IT IS WRONG! It is an act of selfishness where you only think about yourself and not the person whom you're hurting, it is an act of decreasing respect for the person whom you've turn your back into as if they didn't mean a thing to you. Its really actually quite simple, once a person is taken and with somebody that person is of limits.. One should not even go as far as getting close to them on the danger of leading them to have an affair, it's even wrong to even think of doing such a thing.. Just like the famous saying don't do to others what you don't want people to do you. I think that saying pretty much sumps up everything about infidelity and how completely wrong it is cause sometimes karma is just around the corner waiting to slap you directly in the face..
- 1.a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
- 2.sexual passion or desire.
- 3.a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
- Love, what is love? Is it just really a word or is it a feeling? One can argue both since there’s really no wrong answer. Love is whatever people think it is! People’s opinion of what it is will of course differ from each other.. Coming from different race and part of the world eventually will influence us all of what we think love really is. In my most honest opinion love is nothing but just a word that is until it is felt. You may ask how would you know if you have felt it? How would you know if you have felt love? I guess you just know, there’s no confirmation that you’re in love, you just feel it. You may wake up in the morning and you’ll just realised it or may be in a cafe sipping a glass of hot coffee when in that moment, in that spur of a second it hits you. It hits you that you’re in love. You don’t know why or how but you just know.. Sometimes love doesn’t need a reason to be felt. Love can be felt when you least expect it! it comes in the most unusual way in the most awkward places, and when that happens love is not just a word anymore but more so a feeling.. No longer an infatuation but something real.